The toughest but rewarding part for any beekeeper is to extract honey from the combs. But, you can’t simply go and extract one. Before that, you have to keep a check on the water content of the honey you are extracting. You might be confused about what is the role of water content while extracting honey.
Water content decides how long your honey will remain fresh. If the water content is high, the quality of honey would be low. For an ideal quality of honey, the water content should be less than 20%.
Another major question is how to determine the quantity of water in your honey. We are fortunate enough that we have modern, budget-friendly devices to measure the water quantity.
Here, in this article, we are going to tell you about Aichose Honey Refractometer. After going through many refractometers, we have come up with Aichose Honey Refractometer, which is the best among all. Here, we are going to discuss the same.
What is Aichose Honey Refractometer?
- Easy to use
- Ideal for maple, honey, fruit jam and syrup
- No battery needed
- Gives fast and accurate results
- Compact and lightweight
- It measures three indexes at one time
- Calibration liquid is not included
Aichose Honey Refractometer allows you to keep a check on high sugar liquid content easily. This tool also guides you about the moisture content easily.
It is a professional brand that provides different kinds of instruments to measure liquid. The major principle on which it works is the refractive indices of liquid change when concentration increases or decreases.
Aichose Honey Refractometer lies among the top 10 products. If you are looking for a Refractometer, you must try it at least once.
Why purchase Aichose Honey Refractometer?
Aichose Honey Refractometer has the following benefits over any other one:
- It is portable, precise, and works quickly.
- It has no battery requirement and is more accurate if we compare it with traditional hydrometers.
- The tool is more affordable than a digital meter and is an ideal choice for anyone to use. Be it professional or a young adult.
- It has high-quality optics with a smooth face focusing, and the main body is made up of aluminium alloy.
- The special feature of the Aichose Honey Refractometer is that it has a 3 in 1 scale.
- The results are quite accurate and fast as it has automatic temperature compensation.
- It comes with a strong plastic case, a refractometer, cleaning cloth, screwdriver, pipette, and instructions manual.
- Last but not least, it is quite pocket friendly.
How to use Aichose Honey Refractometer?
This instrument is quite simple and easy to use. There is no special algorithm involved in it. All you need to do is take a few drops of liquids on the optical side of the prism. Now, cover the prism and look through the eyepiece. You will find the result value on the scale. There will be a general instruction manual to help you in guiding the measurements.
Tips for using Aichose Honey Refractometer
Here are a few tips that you need to follow to keep the measurement of the Refractometer accurate and durable:
- The accurate measurement of the Aichose Honey Refractometer is based on good calibration. You need to calibrate the Refractometer before using it. Remember, you need to calibrate it once in a few months.
- It would help if you cleaned the instrument with a soft cloth after using it. Keep it dry and clean to maintain instrument accuracy and durability. Don’t wash it in water directly as it might turn rusty from inside.
- These instruments can also measure acidic, alkaline, and another kind of corrosive liquid. So, do not measure these liquids for a long time and clean the residue immediately once the measurement is done.
- Avoid dropping, colliding, or shaking the instrument.
- It has a warranty of 12 months on it.
What to consider before buying a Refractometer?
Don’t be in a hurry to buy a refractometer. You need to consider the following points before buying one for you:
- It would help if you decided on the purpose of buying a refractometer. Whether you are buying it to check the moisture content, Brix, or Baume, also, decide whether you want to go for a digital one or manual.
- Look for a lightweight and portable device.
- Try to buy one which has a prism as it will provide you with more accurate results. Glass prisms are affordable while Sapphire prisms are more durable.
- Go for the dual-scale Refractometer as these tools provide reports in both gravity units and Brix.
- Also, consider the temperature requirements before buying one.
- It would help if you also decided the measurement range of the Refractometer as it comes in different ranges.
Once your honey is ready for extraction, there comes the role of the Refractometer. Aichose Honey Refractometer has changed the world of beekeepers and the food industry. So, whether you are a professional or a beginner, this device is perfect for you. It is not only meant for beekeepers but is also effective for those who want to check the quality of honey. It is always a good idea to work with the right technique and technology. So, hurry up and quickly buy one for yourself.